Take the lead.
Accelerate your future.
Engineering from a management perspective
Fast track your engineering career with uOttawa’s Graduate Diploma in Engineering Management. The graduate diploma features five courses that generally take three terms to complete. It is geared toward experienced engineering and STEM professionals. It offers an industry-oriented, leadership-strengthening educational experience, combining engineering and management skills to qualify you to better mobilize money, people and technology to analyze, innovate, optimize and excel.
With this graduate diploma, you will equip yourself with in-demand engineering management skills in less than a year’s time.
Program at a Glance
Our tailored curriculum has been collaboratively designed and developed by uOttawa’s Faculty of Engineering and the triple-accredited Telfer School of Management. The program begins with 4 compulsory core courses to build your basic competencies in these areas:
- Introduction to Engineering Management
- Principles of Accounting and Finance
- Principles of Management and Leadership
- Foundations of Project Management
To supplement this core, you must then complete 1 elective course from our four specialization modules.
These are the modules:
- Data Analytics (3 courses)
- Advanced Project Management (3 courses)
- Product Innovation Management (3 courses)
- Operations Management (3 courses)
Who should think about it?
These are the kinds of roles a great applicant might have:
- Civil engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Aeronautical engineer
- Process engineer
- Biomedical engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Software engineer
- Software developer
- Software architect
- Systems engineer
- Network engineer
- Computer research scientist
- Research analyst
- Technical analyst
- Material science technologist
- Research scientist
- Minimum of two years’ engineering work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization or major in engineering, computer science or physical science and a minimum admission average of 70% (B)
- Two letters of recommendation
- $110 application fee