Take the lead and accelerate your future
Led and instructed by industry experts, uOttawa’s MEM degree builds your skills in engineering management and leadership. In this program, you will improve your ability to mobilize money, people, and technology to analyze, innovate, optimize, and excel.
Your career will benefit too. The field of engineering management is currently experiencing significant growth - with a 19% employment growth and projected salary growth of 15% through 2025 in Canada.
Our tailored curriculum has been collaboratively designed and developed by uOttawa’s Faculty of Engineering and the triple-accredited Telfer School of Management. The program begins with 4 compulsory core courses to build your basic competencies in these areas:
- Introduction to Engineering Management
- Principles of Accounting and Finance
- Principles of Management and Leadership
- Foundations of Project Management
To supplement this core, you must then complete 6 courses from among four specialization modules. If you complete all of the courses in a module, it will be noted on your transcript, but you are free to choose any 6 courses. These are the modules:
- Data Analytics (3 courses)
- Advanced Project Management (3 courses)
- Product Innovation Management (3 courses)
- Operations Management (3 courses)
Let’s now take a closer look at the Operations Management specialization module.
Operations Management Module
Enhancing the core competencies, the Operations Management module enables engineering professionals to be more effective and efficient within an organization as they master operations and supply chain best practices.
In this specialized module you will do the following:
- Learn Lean Six Sigma Green Belt tools and techniques
- Build well-rounded knowledge in the field of operations
- Explore supply chain management to analyze and strategize
- Operational Excellence/Lean Six Sigma
- Operation Management
- Supply Chain Management